Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Crafting

So even with packing, cleaning, interviews, training, etc. I have been able to squeeze in some sewing and crafting. I ended up playing around with a new bag pattern which is similar to my hobo bag, but without the knotted handle.

This was my first bag, so the handles are a bit shorter than I'd like. But isn't it adorable?

I made a few more using vintage sheets. Me and Mary have also been crafting together. I think this beautiful weather has inspired us both. She has quite the collection of sculpey and paints. I played with Sculpey for the first time a couple of weeks ago. My next mini-lesson from her will be painting!

My creations and then Mary's:

It's Mary's cat, Mia, playing with her toy. Also, can we look at Mary's paint supply... it's insane but I'm looking forward to trying them out!
Today is my last day of work. I don't know how I feel about it. I'm excited to start a new job and move because it's a new start, a new beginning. I can't wait to live in a small city and work in a big, bright mall. But it's still scary and makes me incredibly nervous...

Well, have a great day! And to all the Canadians, holiday tomorrow!! yay!

3 comments:

carly. said...

where are you going to be moving to? and where will you be working in the mall? i worked in a mall for about 6-7 years through high school and then a bit after...sometimes i miss it, once you've worked there for awhile you eventually meet everyone at all the other shops and coffee/food places and it's like a little or big (depending on mall size, haha) family.

anyway, good luck with the move!!
ps: those bags are so pretty...love the vintage sheets one...i loooove finding pretty vintage sheets like those

Stars & Rockets said...

We're moving to Welland actually and I'll be working in the Pen Centre as of tomorrow. It's a nice mall and I'm hoping I can avoid shopping during lunch breaks!

Thanks about the bags. My mom keeps finding me pretty vintage sheets. Some of them I cut up, others I just wash to use.

rachel! said...

wow, that is a crazy big paint selection. that will be fun though!

and i love your vintage sheets as well, the patterns are so pretty...!

and good luck with your big move & everything!